Table of Contents
What is ClassPoint?
ClassPoint is the most integrated interactive teaching and classroom quiz tool designed for every educator who uses PowerPoint.
It allows teachers to quickly turn their PowerPoint slides into interactive quizzes, run the quizzes with students, collect their live responses, score students, and save data for review and analytics. It also provide educators with handy annotation tools and digital whiteboards inside PowerPoint.
ClassPoint helps educators achieve all the above right within PowerPoint so they don’t need to switch to another application.
ClassPoint is developed by Inknoe Pte. Ltd.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
“Inknoe”, “we” or “Company”
Inknoe Pte. Ltd. with registered office at 11 Woodlands Close, Woodlands 11, Singapore. ClassPoint is a product of Inknoe Pte. Ltd.
General Data Protection Regulation
Personal data is any information that relates to an individual who can be directly or indirectly identified. Names and email addresses are obviously personal data. Location information, ethnicity, gender, biometric data, religious beliefs, web cookies, and political opinions can also be personal data.
Any action performed on data, whether automated or manual.
The person whose data is processed. These are your customers or site visitors.
The person who decides why and how personal data will be processed.
A third party that processes personal data on behalf of a data controller.
What personal data do we collect?
Depending on who you are, we collect:
- Contacts – such as your name, email address, sector (K-12, Higher Education or Corporate), organization/school name, country.
- Interaction Information – meaning information on how you use the Services and your system activities (dates, times, and details of log-on and log-off including information on your history with ClassPoint; technical data such as page response times, download errors, personal preferences; your interactions with the customer service, etc.
- Device Information – e.g. IP address, user agent, browser settings, operating system and platform, and screen resolution. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Payment information – If you purchase a premium version of ClassPoint, our third-party payment processor (Stripe) will collect and store your billing address and credit card information. We only store the last four digits of your credit card number, card type and the expiration date, and your billing address information.
- Additional Information – Any additional information you decide to provide us with (e.g., phone number for support purpose, etc.)
Who collects your personal data?
Inknoe Pte. Ltd.
11 Woodlands Close,
#10-32, Woodlands 11,
How we collect your personal data?
- Account sign-up – You provide us directly with personal information when you register your ClassPoint account.
- Contact form – When you contact us via the online contact form, or when you submit a support ticket, it is necessary for us to collect your personal data in order to answer your questions.
- Newsletter subscription – If you subscribe to our newsletters, we will collect personal data (email) directly from you in order to be able to send you our newsletters.
- Use of the platform or the website – We collect information directly from your use of the platform.
- Cookies – When you use the ClassPoint, we collect information about you through cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer by your browser in order to track all movements within the website and ensure all functionalities of the Service are available to you.
What are the uses of your personal data?
- To create Your Account – to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- To understand and improve our service – We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- To communicate with You – We may process your personal data in order to communicate with you for administrative purposes, to ensure the proper functioning of our services, or for general customer and support services.
- To provide You information – We mat use your information to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- Legal Compliance We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including formal requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Other – We may use your information to perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection subject to your consent. Please read all online agreements carefully before accepting them.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to show advertisements to You to help support and maintain Our Service, to contact You, to advertise on third party websites to You after You visited our Service or for payment processing.
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- Law enforcement: Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- Other legal requirements: We may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
For how long do we store your data?
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
You can always delete your entire Account on request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with your request promptly and at the latest within 30 days.
Which rights do you have and how can you exercise them?
We respects to the fullest extent the rights you have as a data subject. These rights include:
- Right to access your data. Within the limitations of the applicable law, if you can prove your identity, you have the right to access the personal data Inknoe has on you. This includes confirmation as to whether or not we have any data on you, the purposes for which we process your data, the types of personal data concerned, the recipients to whom your personal data are disclosed and the rights you have under the GDPR.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete information about yourself which you can do either by managing your Account, or by email to email@example.com.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to request deletion of your personal data, for example when it is no longer necessary for us to process the data for the purpose it was collected, or when you have withdrawn your consent, which you request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to restrict processing of your data. You have the right to obtain from us restriction to processing your personal data if you believe your information is incorrect or you believe we use your data unlawfully.
- Right to withdraw your consent – You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time for the processing activities for which we requested your consent. Any processing of your personal data we may have performed before your withdrawal shall remain lawful.
- Right to lodge a complaint – You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant competent supervisory authority.
We will get back to you promptly and at the latest within 30 days after receipt of your request, but please note that Inknoe may be required by law to keep some personal data despite your request.
How secure is my data?
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us. We have taken reasonable steps to help protect the personal information we collect such as using SSL encryption everywhere. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We recommend you to take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your device and account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.